Tuesday, September 9, 2014

fall vocab 3



  • Coherent -of an argument, theory, or policy) logical and consistent.During an imroptu   speaking challenge I was too nervous to develop a coherent speech.
  • Belabor -argue or elaborate (a subject) in excessive detail. Dont belabor the situation. 
  • Eschew - deliberatly avoid using. I Eschew bringing up topics to my mom that might get me im trouble. 
  • Acquisitive - excessively interested in acquiring money or material things. kim kardashian is acquisitive.
  • Emulate -match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation. I really hope not to Emulate other classmates work habits in this class
  • Banal -so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring. I try to change up my makeup and style so I dont seem banal.
  • Excoriating- harsh critiscm. I tend to excoriate people when I first meet them.
  • Congeal 
    solidify or coagulate, especially by cooling. The blood has congealed.
  • Carping - difficult to please,  critical. Some teachers have a carping attitude
  • Substantiate.
    provide evidence to support or prove the truth of. ive provided evidence to Substantiate my argument 
  • Temporize -avoid making a decision or committing oneself in order to gain time.
  • largesse -generosity in bestowing money or gifts upon others.
  • Tenableable -to be maintained or defended against attack or objection.
  • Insatiable -(of an appetites or desire) i
  • reconnaissance -military observation of a region to locate
  • germane - relevant to a subject
  • Ramify - branch out
  • Intransigent '- form unwilling or refusing to change one's views or to agree about something. or offshoots
  • Taciturn -(of a person) reserved or uncommunicative in speech; saying little.

No comments:

Post a Comment